Saturday, October 1, 2022

Back Home Again~

   
  
I love the hum of a lawn mower on lazy Saturday afternoons. 
Especially in Fall, 
when the days hold a crispness 
and a 
Mug of cider or tea is in order.
Tim has chicken soup simmering for us, 
as I am not feeling my best.
Those long hours catch up with me and my bones complain. 
My heart is content though…
Like my purring cat.


The Bewitching Peddlers of Halloween show was a week ago.


It is always the best adventure. 
We see family and share a meal or two~
Then it’s off to the grand adventure. 
I have a team of helpers~
 my dear friend of many years; 
Angie and 
her sweet guy, Shawn.

I could not do this without my village.
Tim takes on the brunt of the home in the month or so leading up to our departure.
My daughters each helped. 
One helping me pack and holding down the Fort, 
and the other, 
packing my sweet Maggie 
and taking her to the Farmhouse.


And so, the crew worked on…
Show family 
Stopped by and we went a visiting
As well.


After all….
It has been a whole year!
And there is never enough time.


My create time, 
Was shortened~ 


But, I was able to pull off
Two bigger pieces.
I was short a couple more
From last year,
But our booth filled up nicely.


Each piece talked a good amount of time
And drying.
The dresses are made and fit
To each one, specifically.
It can take a day to dress one.

The Twilights are wee, sculpted 
Birdcage dolls
And their dresses’ are made from paper.
It’s quite tricky~
one false move
And it is done~
That is,
Until I can cover the paper
With layers of a clear seal.
A wee tea light under each dress 
Makes them magical.


My newer friends
Were well received.
I settled into mourning
A little deeper with the dollhouse dolls.
My work is often reflective
And 
That is how I landed.


I tried some
New paint techniques
Ands learned how to use 
Iridescent water colors for the
First time


And now, 
I have notes and ideas…
New techniques to put forward
And lots of gears spinning in my head.
 As the unpacking and book work finishes,
My new work year will begin. 
Hello October,
My dear friend!




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Grackle Girls

Good Evening from The Grackle Girls! Grackles crack me up with their eyes,  and I love their irredescent heads. If you know Grackles,  They ...